Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hope or Hopelessness?

I sat on the couch tonight with a blank, emotionless expression on my face as story, after story, after story was reported on the evening news of more lay-offs announced & more expected, companies shutting their doors, more unexplained deaths, scandals at every level, pedophiles.... and that was just our LOCAL NEWS!!

Every day some statistical number increases & we all know that a great majority of statistics are kept of those things in which are negative, sad, losses, deaths, etc...loss in every aspect of the word. I can't help but wonder about the timing of all these continual increase in numbers. I can't help but wonder if this isn't exactly how satan would have us look at life...especially during the "Easter Season"....the time where we annually celebrate the Death AND Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the very One who came to give us Life Everlasting? What better way would satan celebrate his "victory" than to see the body of Christ, and a nation as a whole, sit in a pew on Easter Sunday, "Praising God" with empty hope? Emotionless. Preaching about salvation, hearing & wanting to believe, praising God without actually BELIEVING AND HAVING FAITH in Him?!?!?

I can tell you one thing that I know for sure right now (it's easier to keep track of that which I know and am certain of now than all the questions and uncertainty in which we find our family...but these certainties...these sureties, I wouldn't trade for all the answers to the unknown!) I WILL stand in church every Sunday & especially on Easter, PRAISING GOD! Trusting Him! Believing in Him! I will trust in my God whose love is never ending...He won't lay you off, won't close you down. His love is the same as it was yesterday...before this turn of events. It will be the same tomorrow, and as long as I know that and keep that into perspective there is nothing that can separate me from Him.

You God!
You are ALL WE NEED!

If I could just jump off this page and shake you to understanding and to wake up to The Call ~ I would! And for those of you who "get what I am saying" ~ wouldn't it be so intensely amazing to stand together and PRAISE GOD RIGHT NOW??? To stand in the gap for those who have been shaken in these times???

Most of you have NO idea (yet) of where I have gone in this life. The wars that have raged, both in my walking outside of God's will and the one's that He has allowed to come into my life while seeking Him with all my heart! Things at times have been so terrible! Pain so intense, both emotionally and physically, that the mere fact that I can sit here today and share about how great our God is ~ well, that's God! I can promise you with every fiber of my being that He does love you ~ even when life hurts so much you can't feel it! His forgiveness will bring you to a place of intimacy with Him that will carry you when you feel so undeserving! He will be your Constant Friend ~ the only one still "there for you" in the middle of the night when you wake up with fear of what the next day will bring!! He will still be there day after day after day with arms wide open beckoning you to keep coming to Him in your grief or pain for comfort ~ well after all the "well meaning and true" have returned to the normalcy of their own lives, and you are still left in the valley!! There may even be days when His silence is deafening...DON'T STOP LISTENING THOUGH!! He will speak and I believe that during the waiting season for those revelations to questions, He is preparing you for the overwhelming answer that will knock you to your knees in awe at His personal and perfect response to you! If He can love me.....He CAN AND DOES LOVE YOU!!! There isn't a thing you've done that the Blood of Christ won't cover!!

I am FAR from perfect....that is why right now, I am going to Him. I need Him! I need His grace and mercy for the sin that is still in my life! This is just as much a journey for me as it is for you! I have to continually align myself and my life with Him! (Good phrasing Ms. Yaw!!) I love all of you....known or unknown....HE WILL NEVER LET GO OF YOU!

IN HIS GRIP!

No comments: