Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just a Short Note...

Sigh.....It's been a long day, and as I sit here tonight to write this, it's 11:26 p.m. We JUST finished putting everything out for the garage sale that starts tomorrow. I'm tired. Daren's tired. My mother-in-law ( who has been MORE than fantastic to stay and help with the kids so we could do this) is, I'm sure, tired. Those three kids can keep you running 100 mph in 3 different directions from the moment you hear the pitter patter of their tiny feet, until the last is tucked back into bed, snuggled with prayers, sweet dreams, and lots of kisses. (and a few books or so...)

My dear friend (and mentor...well, one of them) took me to lunch on Monday to Jonnie Carino's. (or however you spell it...all I know is that it was gooooood!) We had the best time catching up on life and our walks with God. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that...go out with someone for lunch and actually talk. I wanted to write this note for a few reasons and didn't feel I could allow one more day to pass without.....

#1) Thanking this precious friend!! Peggy, you have always dazzled me with the heart of compassion and heart of Truth that you carry with you. From our first MOPS meeting, all the times you came over to visit and share your heart with me while I was still finding my "footing" in this difficult but extremely rewarding and humbling job of motherhood, to the numerous visits in the hospital when I was pregnant with the twins, to the amazingly beautiful baby shower that you hosted at your house, to helping me after they were born. I honestly don't know how to thank you in words, so I wanted to let you know that I am going to give the gift to you, that will bless (prayerfully) many people for years to come. I am going to share with people about this amazing God we serve...I desire so deeply in my heart to extend that friendship you have shown me to others who find themselves in uncharted waters or difficult seasons of life. You have given me a gift (as has Barbara Bobo....and I will write about her amazing character as a woman after God's Own Heart....soon) of learning more about my relationship with God. You were patient with me when at times I seemed to take one step forward, all to take two steps backwards. You've cried endless tears with me and have given me a safe place in which to share my life with. I love you so dearly and the thought of moving away from you makes my heart sad, but I know I am taking a gift with me, that your kindness and generosity has shown me, that will last a lifetime. You are an INCREDIBLE WOMAN OF GOD!!!! Again, I love you so much!!

#2) While Peggy and I were at lunch, she gave me a list of some of the BSF principles from 2008~2009...not just a partial list, but an entire list that she not only typed for me from her studies as a group leader, but she took the time to look at all 115 (yes! that is one hundred fifteen) and write beside them the scripture in which I could find these promises. I have been over these pieces of paper probably 8 to 10 times since Monday when we went to lunch and something new hits me every time I read it. These are God's promises of WHO HE IS TO US... who He is to me, you, and every believer in the body of Christ! You gave me these principles and they shall always stay locked in my mind and in my heart, for I know that there are times that we walk in the valley and I'll surely need reminding of these things. As our family still grieves over Major's passing, I saw some promises of God's character in these principles that I know God has placed before me for a reason. Your heart, again, amazes me...my only hope is that one day, I can be as good of a friend to someone else, as you have been to me!

#3) Here are just a few of the principles that in the past few days have stood out as I've read them over and over: (1) #56; The awe inspiring God mercifully chooses to reveal Himself to those who seek Him. (Ex 34:1-28) (2) #96; On the road to receiving God's promises, you often encounter difficulty and opposition, BUT God is faithful to His word. (Num 20:14-22) and last, but not least (3) #100; God's victory over sin and death, comes DELIBERATELY LOOKING IN FAITH TO JESUS (emphasis on #100 mine... ) (Num 21:4-9)

These my dear friends, are just a few of the great things about Peggy and the wonderful and perfect friend she has been to me since we met in the summer of 2006! If you're here and don't know her, you need to. If you don't live here, well, I am pretty sure that God has planted other amazing women all around you who are just waiting to reach out to you in the deepest of valley's and yet celebrate with you your greatest victories...just step out in faith. Go to that one MOPS meeting or BSF meeting ~ God will unfailingly bring, in HIS perfect timing, someone who is perfectly suited to walk with you hand in hand...just like Peggy, I promise!!




Little Ashley at the time had been put back in the hospital just a few days prior to the shower, thus the reason for the picture on my arm...I didn't want her to think we were celebrating without her. (ah yeah, the frizzy hair and dark circles...that's 36 hours in the hospital listening yet again to those all too familiar beeping monitors and nurse checks every 3-4 hours. I think she got to come home the next day....)

In His Grip!

No comments: