Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And Here Comes Summer......

Can I say the word "crap" on a blog? Well, I'm gonna (sorry Mom). I feel like crap. The last two days has sucked every part of youth I "might" have had left right out of my body and into the great unknown.



We started swimming lessons on Monday. Yeah, they schedule those things for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday....four days in a row....for two weeks!! Maybe in my 20's but for PITTY SAKE people! All three of the kids are in the same class...which could be taken as a blessing that we have to go once or a stupid choice to make on my part....going once. Would it have been any easier to do the girls in one class and Kory in another? I don't know. I don't know anything right now other than pure exhaustion.



I've rediscovered muscles that my age had allowed me to forget. I didn't know that when you place a child in the water, that's like throwing gasoline on a fire....it's pure pandemonium!! Add 6 other kids and mothers/fathers and four other classes going on throughout the pool..."water aerobics" (whatever that is), water walking, and I even saw some dude pulling some other guy through the water. If that's the lifeguard class...they better stay close to our corner of the pool for a while!!

The people see us coming...and they part the ways. We come tearing in like a pack of wild dogs, and leave like a pack of terrible two year old children who've been forbidden food for days. (wait...a part of that is almost true). AND THIS IS JUST DAY TWO!!! I'm supposed to do this again for two more days?? Seriously? Seriously. I know I said I was looking forward to being back in Oklahoma so that it would be easier to get out and do things. Looking back, I think a more gradual reintroduction into society would have proven a better (or more sane) approach. We've come full throttle....with all our "glory" tagged along!!



Grandma Gayle...Thank you for taking this on with me!! I could NOT do this without you! The kids would be lost somewhere between here and the YMCA! Ashley especially thanks you (and if she doesn't, I'm going to make her). If you weren't there, I'm not sure the trust would have been there for any of us. She's got a "tie" to her Grandma....lucky you!! (She's the most strong willed child we have....)



So, I've messed with this SmileBox thing for two days and I am done. I am tired...I'm going to get some Motrin, rub on some BioFreeze/Icy Hot/...., put a hot pack on my neck, and ear plugs in my ears. I am clocking out. :0) I'm leaving this to all you 20 something mom's that can still bend down to tie your kids shoes and haven't had to revert to Velcro due to joint degeneration. KC.....OUT!!!





Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Our 1st Swim Lesson...
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi! what a beautiful family you have! Although each day can be a trial....it is surely a blessing as well! Cherish EACH and EVERY moment with these little angels and Darren as you never know about the next. We should get together soon so Max and Cory can play and the girls can show me there new "pool moves". Love ya lots! Joni

sweetorunsweet? said...

hey you you sound as old as me now! I loved the pics of the girls after they looked as pooped as you sound- you should heave added on of yourself- oh that's right- you cant hold up the camera for the cramp in your arm... i have some extra hot packs for you and i hove tons of alleve- love you my frazzled friend enjoy the water tomorrow-debe

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

I cannot tell you what a joy it is to get your postings. First because it lets me know that I am not the only "older" mom who needs a nap because she just finished serving breakfast and is already tired out but also because it is a reminder that we are not in this alone. He has entrusted us with his most precious gifts (some days I wonder what He was thinking) and if we take the time to care for one another we will find the support we need to get through those truly tiring days. I do so miss you. Love you!

Janice