Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gracious Merciful Lord ~ By; Kristi L. Cole

Gracious, Lord, You are gracious ~ Your love knows no end
Merciful, Lord, You are merciful ~ In You, my heart will mend.

The seasons of life, they can be so trying at times
But Your gracious love lives in this battered heart of mine.

I’m trying Lord, I’m trying so hard to do what’s right
But the opposition is so great, I’ve lost my strength in the fight

There are whispers and stares and lies that are told.
Judgment on my heart that brings a chill so cold.

Gracious, Lord, You are gracious, heal this heart of mine
Merciful, Lord, You are merciful, touch my heart & please give me time.
I praise You God at the foot of the cross
With Your Son in my heart & knowing your loss

Great tears come down, staining my face,
As my mind takes hold of Your endless grace.

In the silence I hear, “My child, I’m here,
Put all trust in Me and put away your fear”.

Gracious, Lord, You are gracious ~ You continue to pour out Your love
Merciful, Lord, You are merciful ~ my faith lies in You above

As I fall on my face and I see Your sweet grace
I feel Your mercy inside and find strength in this place.

You’ve counted my tears that continue to fall
You’ve gently pulled me to stand, so in You I’d stand tall

You’ve never forgotten about me, You’ve always been close
It’s I who have taken my eyes away, and then became lost.

Fill me Lord, fill me today
Of mercy towards others & to walk in Your ways

Please love me Lord, as only You could
And may I realize in You, is where I’ve stood

Regardless of words that are shouted out loud,
Causing pain in my heart, darkening the cloud.

Gracious, Lord, show me how to be gracious
Soften my heart and help me be courteous

Merciful, Lord, teach me to show mercy
So in my actions, it is You that they
see.



Written by: Kristi L. Cole
Date: June 28, 2009
All Rights Reserved/Copy Right Pending

God, to You all my praise is to You! You've given me the gift, the gift to take seasons in my life and be able to write songs and poems that honor You're greatness. You've never forsaken a cry of my heart. There have been many times of silence, seasons where You are quiet to the longing for knowledge to why You've allowed things to happen. I'm trying Lord, trying so hard to learn to rest in the quiet. To take those moments and sit in Your presence until I feel Your touch and my heart is all consumed with Your love. You're patience with me goes beyond that in which any earthly father could withstand....and I thank You for standing by me in our journey...in our dance. I hear the music that we dance to in the voices and pitter pat of my babies feet...in their laughter and giggles. I hear the slower music filled with pain, where You hold me against Your chest and pick me up as a mother would cradle her new born to bring her child comfort. I love you God!! I am so thankful for the Cross....for the ability to fall to my knees and weep in Your presence. Tears of pain and joy. You're there constantly to share in my victories and there to comfort the difficult days. You passion and tenderness is just as real as the air I breath. God, forgive me, forgive me please for trying to handle the last week or so without falling into You. Lord, You alone are all the protection that I need. You've promised in Your word that vengeance is Yours. All You ask is that in my anger, I do not sin. Please forgive my anger that has birthed words spoken out of bitterness and protection for my children, my nieces, and my brother and Darcy. My intentions were right, but I should have spoken in love. Continue to help me express my desires and help those hearts and ears that hear my words to respect that in which I feel are appropriately Scriptural guidelines for our family.

God, there is no way, no way at all, that I would have survived thus far in this journey without Your daily protection, guidance, patience, mercy, and grace. There was a terrible accident here in Norman in the early hours of the morning that claimed the lives of three young adults. Oh Lord, how many nights, many years ago did You protect myself, Daren, Melissa, Kelly, Mike T, and others in the group that we ran with when we made stupid, childish, irresponsible choices. Not only did we put our lives in dangers path, but we could have destroyed, damaged, or broken the hearts of our parents and families. Thank You for Your protection then....and today as our lives have changed for the better and now begin to shape and protect our own children. Mike (Melissa's husband) was called in to work the accident and Melissa ran a call today on the mother of one of the girls that passed away. Place Your hands, Your wings around these families as they embark on every parents worst nightmare. Please Father, please bring people into their lives that can help them find Your comfort ..... The only comfort that truly does bring peace....

God, again, I do love You. Jesus, thank You for living in my heart. Holy Spirit, thank You for being that movement I feel in my heart and may my mind clear to hear and feel You lead me daily.

In His Grip~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kristi, I'm constantly amazed with how you pour your heart out to God in such a beautiful way. You are authentic before Him and us. I'm still looking forward to seeing how God uses your gift of writing and all that you've been and are going through. I know I'm blessed just reading these and seeing you continue to trust Him through such trying times! Thanks! TK