Monday, June 1, 2009

A Reminder to Myself....

LAMENTATIONS 3:20-24

20; I will remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. 21 Yet this I call to mind therefore I have hope:
22 That because of the Lords great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him".


There are times I have to remind myself of the promises God reveals about Himself through scripture. The promises of His character that are true, pure, and holy. Faithful, loving, compassionate. The list goes on. I have to remain with my grip tightly held on to hope in Him and rememberance that He alone is my portion, all that I need, and that in my waiting for Him I will have all that I need for that very moment.

Like I said, I have to remind myself of these promises. When I don't see things with my physical eyes materializing before me, when I question why things happen to us or those we love, and when the fears of this world and the direction it is headed cloud my mind, I have to hit the delete button. Rid myself of all the clutter and focus on His great faithfulness.


According to John MacArthur's Study Bible, he states that; *The bedrock of faith is the reality that God keeps all His promises according to His truthful faithful character.*

No comments: