Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday ~ August 17th



Ah! We lost our Internet connection Friday & just got it back a few hours ago. So... I'll update those of you sitting on the edge of your seats (ha ha!) of the latest Cole calamity! :0) The "connection" with the internet comes and goes...so this may be a chopped up note....apologies!

Last Friday: Had mammogram and ultrasound to diagnose lump found. "Radiologist" said he wasn't sure what it was and that he "suggested" I sit on it for now and come back in 6 months for re-evaluation. Yeah right. 6 months. For me, not a good enough treatment plan. (Not trying to be argumentative, but have heard too many stories of "mis (or over looked) diagnosis" ) My Dr.'s office called this morning...they didn't like that plan either. They have me scheduled to see Dr. Rable, a general surgeon in the Breast Care Center at Norman Regional so we can do a biopsy to get a firm diagnosis. Appointment: September 1.

Last Friday P.M./Saturday all day: My parents offered to keep the kids Friday night and all day Saturday. Woo hoo! Actually got to go out to dinner and talk. WAY OVERDUE and much needed. I'm thankful for that time. I've realized though that I can't expect perfection and fairy tale endings. The last 5 months have taken a tole on my heart and I need to lean on God for support and guidance and trust that we are in the palm of His hand. He's carried me this far and I know that He will continue to and protect my heart......... Saturday night, my parents gave the girls and I a birthday party! (For those of you just joining this journey, Megan Hope and Ashley Lynn were born on my 35th birthday two years ago...arriving at 31 weeks, we spent our first months together in the Plano, Texas NICU). The party was perfect! My mom made one of my all time favorite cakes....a bunny cake with "7 minute frosting"....delish! They gave the girls a Little People doll house...and they love it!! Megan's imagination runs wild as she acts out each "family" member. Ashely, is content to move all and any furniture that Megan puts in the doll house. A few times, I've seen the kitchen sink hurlled through the air...that's my girl!! Yikes. My mom....she gave me the best gift I've ever been given!! She took 400 (yes four hundred) pictures of me since the day I was born until today and put them all in an album for me. I cried like a baby...and I loved every tear that fell!! I have never looked at my life that way nor has anyone ever spent that kind of time to put something together just for me. It is something that I will treasure always!! Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

Another probably "NOT note-worthy" event, but one I will comment on because I can...has to do with the Nationwide NASCAR Race held in Michigan Saturday afternoon. It was a great race. From start to finish. (Love NASCAR!!!) I'd normally never comment on a race in a blog... maybe just to acknowledge Dale Jr.'s win....lol....but the closing moments of the race still make my blood pressure rise....(Those of you who aren't NASCAR fans and don't know who Kyle Bush is...you can skip this paragraph because it won't make any sense and you'll have no idea why this has my blood boiling....) Kyle Bush did it again. As he has at almost every race for the past three years. He races dirty. He doesn't know how to race clean and will stop at nothing to see his car in victory lane at the finish of a race. His persistence is not what bothers me. What bothers me is the crying, whining, complaining, and blaming he does after EVERY race he DOESN'T win. Seriously Kyle? Was it necessary for you to run into the right fender of Brian Vickers car as he pulled onto pit row? Was it a requirement for you to, as usual, stick your unwanted face into someones car when your feelings get hurt.....only to run away when the other driver is given the opportunity to get out and respond? Was it really all Brian's responsibility to notice how Kesslowski was moving up fast from behind and move up the track? Where was your rear view mirror? Do you not have one or is it tilted down so that you can check yourself out as you drive? As Brian said at the end of the race after you got your air time to cry and whine (someone hand this poor boy a Kleenex) "I didn't know this was the Kyle Bush show". He also went on to say that he wanted to get out of the car so that you could talk about this man to man....I think in the "man to man" statement...he gave you to much credit! You are like the playground bully who really doesn't have a spine after all. I'm so tired of the way you race. Sure, it gives for some exciting races...but I have a notion that they would be just as good without you ram roding everyone to try and catch the checkered flag! Your brother had made a 180 degree turn around from how angry he used to get...so has "Smoke" (Tony Stewart). You need to find out what they did to control their emotions and get on it, take part in it, or learn to use more appropriate "feeling" words.

OKAY....with that being said (so sorry for "venting".....no, no I'm really not....that's how I "feel")

In the late hours of Saturday, I managed to jam my right big toe into the couch and pop up the nail. (SHOCKER HUH???) I tried, and tried, and tried to pull it off myself...but I just couldn't do it. Urgent Med...here we come....again!! (I wish they had one of those cards you get punched every time you go and like the 10th visit would be free....now that's health care reform~) Got it numbed up, cut off, and wrapped up. Daren was anything but happy about spending his Sunday morning with me that way. Oh well, what's done is done. Sorry!!

So, that brings me to today. Monday. August 17th! Quiet day. Not much to share. I'm trying to get the kids outgrown clothes priced and safety pinned to hangers for the "Just Between Friends" sale at the OKC fairgrounds next weekend.(A LARGE children's consignment sale held twice a year) It's not a terrible task to do....but with Ashley wanting to try on everything and Kory digging though the piles while Meggie lays on the clothes....it's been taking me a little longer than I had anticipated. I've got 4 LARGE totes left to price and hang...by Friday afternoon. Not impossible...just starting to feel the pressure. (Oh....and mom and dad are having a garage sale this weekend as well and I have to get the other stuff over there to their house by Thursday...) Kory, who usually has school twice a week, is home all week. I love it, but it's just not the "help" I need right now. "Mommy? What are you doing?"... "Mommy? What's this?".... "Mommy? You not sell this. I put it away in my room."

All I can say is....let the good times roll!!! I've thrown a few recent pictures to the bottom of this post...hopefully they will help make reading this worth it....

In His Grip~
**My Dad and His brother (my Uncle Lewis) went on a fishing expedition out west...on the trail back home to Oklahoma, they stopped off in Utah to see my brother and his great family. The following are some of those pictures! I miss them so much!!!! (In case I haven't already said that at one time or another! Lol)

My amazing sister-in-law with the newest Rhodes addition ~ Noelle!
What a cutie!!! (Both of them!) :0)
My sweet Lillian!!! Oh how I miss you girl!
Somer!! Your hair is getting so long!! It looks beautiful!! Has it been long enough since I've seen you for your hair to have grown that much?? I love and miss you too sweet girl!
Marin!! Your mommy's helper!! You are growing up so fast and every year you become more and more amazing!! I love you....give your new sissy a hug and kiss for me please! :0)
The Rhodes Family ~ July 2009
I miss you all soooo much!!!
My brother and his youngest..... GREAT Picture Dave!!!
Sweet and Sassy!!! That's my girls!!
Papa & His Girls!
Noelle ~ You are a beauty!! I can't wait to give you lots and lots of kisses!!

No comments: