Friday, December 18, 2009

Prayer for Lindsey & Link to Her Blog

Clicking on the above picture will introduce you to Lindsey. Her sister, Ashley Poston Nelson, was our pediatrician's nurse in Tyler and a truly sweet woman of God. Lindsey's cancer has come back and I truly feel the urge and direction from God to share this with you and ask you to pray for her and her sweet family.

I still don't know why things like this happen, but I do know (more and more every day) about the God that I love and serve. He will never leave us or fore sake us~He is with us always~til the very end of our days. Her faith has encouraged me to strengthen my own faith regarding issues in my life.

In the quiet of days recently, I began to wonder where God was. If I am pursing Him and seeking His will, why aren't things changing for the better? But, I came to realize as I looked over the past few years, that there are a number of seasons in life where I have not obtained an answer from Him as to His reasoning's for allowing such things to happen. Most of those difficult seasons have passed and gone ~ but HE still remains. Ever loving ~ Ever compassionate ~ and NEVER abandoning.

"We are hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; we are perplexed, but NOT in despair." 2 Corinthians 4:8


NOT in despair. His word promises us the He will be with us and we will not be crushed. I know the weight of this world can seem so heavy at times that it's hard to lift a foot or take a breath, but it's at that moment He is beckoning to us to come to Him for shelter and refuge from the storms of life here on earth. One day, there will come a day where there will be no more pain or suffering ~ no more tears ~ Knowing God as our personal Savior, He PROMISES us that! It's a gift that is ours for the taking ~ reach out and hold on. If I can, YOU can. We can walk through the valley's together and rejoice in numbers on the mountain tops! One day, sorrow and suffering will never touch us again ~ and for me, that is hope.

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He WILL wipe away EVERY tear from their eyes. There will be NO more death or mourning or CRYING IN PAIN, for the old order of things has passed away'"
Revelation 21:3-4

God promises us that in Christ, we have hope. HOPE today ~ May those who stumble upon this blog know You Lord. May Your Hand touch their lives ~those in the midst of a difficult journey and those supporting them. May they feel the hope that comes with a peace that surpasses all understanding. May they come to You openly with their tears, with their pain ~ and in You, I pray God, they will find Your perfect will being written in the fabric of their lives. God bless each and every person as we all join to celebrate Jesus' birthday. Thank You for the gift of Your Son!!
In His Grip~

No comments: