Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Trip to Salt Lake City

Wow!!! I can't believe it's been 11 days since I returned from my trip to Salt Lake City to see my big brother~Dave, His awesome wife~Darcy, and my four PRECIOUS nieces!!! I can't begin to tell you how much this trip meant to me!!

The first day I was there, Darcy and I loaded up the girls and headed to the Mormon Tabernacle in downtown Salt Lake City!! I never knew such a thing existed!! Of course I had heard about it, but didn't realize the magnitude of this architectural masterpiece!! Wow! Amazing!!

The grounds were filled with the scent and scenery of Spring. There were brides all over the place having bridal portraits taken ~ families strolling through the abundant gardens ~ couples walking together hand in hand. It was like a paradise dead center in the middle of a major metropolitan city!

Here are a few pics that we took...I don't have all of them yet...(lucky you)...but here is what I have from that day....



The next picture...well, this next picture is so special to me. This is Darcy, my sister in law. She's not only a sister in law, she's the closest girl friend I have. She is an amazing woman...wife...mother...daughter...sister...aunt...and so much more. She has a heart full of compassion and has an inner strength that one can only have through her amazing tenacity. I love you Darcy. I draw strength and advice from watching you...just being in your presence is a safe place where my heart is free to feel. You came into our family by the grace of God and we are all ETERNALLY blessed for that gift! I love you like you were my own sister!!!



And then....it was lunch time...and someone was really hungry...but it is my favorite!!!


Now THIS is a HUGE church!!! Wow!






Needless to say it was the most refreshing day I have had in months and months!! It was perfect!! Perfect weather, perfect company, and stunning scenery.


Little did I know that the next day would be even more amazing. My brother is an orthopedic surgeon there in SLC, but had the 2nd day I was there, off from work. I was so excited to be able to spend some time with him too...so we all loaded up and headed up the mountains for a hike in one of the canyons..... I've seen pictures that they have sent and that my parents have taken on trips to see them...but seeing these majestic mountains and rushing waterfalls...seeing them in person brings to life so many more senses than just visual. It was an adventure that truly was so much fun!!
I would hike this canyon every day if I could. There were so many rocks that paved the way for the rushing creek that was filled with fresh melted snow...so many places I would have love to sat down with my notebook and pen and write...the beauty of it all opened in me a fresh breath of air that my lungs had so desperately needed.







My Big Brother and I ~ I love you Dave!! You Rock!!!

It was a great trip! I've never been away from my kids like that and it was hard in that respect...but having time with this precious family truly brightened my heart and lifted the load. I can't thank them enough for the gift of flying me out there to see them....it was a week I will cherish forever!!Here are a few various photographs from various moments in this week...

I hope these pictures made you smile...because they light up my life!















In His Grip!

No comments: