Friday, August 6, 2010

Perfect Love

Oh what an intense year it has been. That is in some ways an understatement. I've learned so much at the price of great pain. God has ever so faithfully taken my hand in this journey...not to make the journey easier, but to show me what I need to change in my life regardless of the end result.

My awesome friend Cheryl used to tell me about work that God was doing in her life. "Ah! It's so painful" ... we would talk about how God was revealing to each of us the "not so pretty" things about us and how we were going through a transformation process. I love Cheryl! She's always been so real and transparent. She has been a huge inspiration in my life! I remember the "garden" analogy we used to talk about...how if the weeds in the garden weren't removed, they'd take over the beauty of the garden...how they painfully needed to be weeded out. No one likes to weed a garden or a flower bed...it's grueling at times...but oh!! The beauty that is revealed...

My life's journey with God has been spent with a lot time "weeding" out of my life those things that weren't of Him. Has it always been easy? Oh no!! Some things I would hold on to and fight letting go of. But these days, life has taken a different course. It might sound odd...but I'm all about the pain...if it means I'm growing more into the likeness of Christ. I am FAR FAR from where I'd like to be...but this journey with God, this dance that He and I are in, is beautiful because my heart and mind and spirit are open to everything that He is showing me. I ask Him every day "Lord, reveal to me a clean and pure heart and teach me how to have that".

For a long time...my pursuit and dreams have ended with great heartache. I sought out everything that I wanted and went about my way to get it. My sense of self worth and fulfillment in life was always attached to someone or something. The pressure that it can put on someone to "fill" you is beyond what any human can provide. When we place that kind of pressure on someone, it can suffocate them...we only set them up for failure because not one of us is capable of filling another. God is the only One who can.

My journey away from that way of life is an ongoing one. I still have to remind myself that it is what I am in God's eyes that matters. My identity is not wrapped up in a relationship or in things but in the One who truly loves me beyond all others.

So, with that being said, I began reading a book about restoring relationships. I have realized very early in this book that two important things must exist before any progress can be made in reconciliation of any relationship...marriage, friendship, family relationships, etc....

#1 ~ We must love God above all others.... and #2 ~ We must love ourselves.

I've had it backwards for so long!! I loved others, then God, and rarely, myself. Ouch! In this book there is a "letter" of sorts that is written from the perspective from God talking to us, as His daughters about "Perfect Love".... so, without making this post any longer...I want to share this letter with you....


“Perfect Love….”

"My Precious Daughter....

Wait, not until you are first satisfied, fulfilled, and content with being loved by Me can I bring you true love. You see, first you must give yourself totally and unreservedly to Me, discovering that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found. Only then, will you be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have for you.

You will never be fully united with another until you are united with Me. Exclusive to anyone or anything else, I want you to stop planning, stop wishing and allow Me to bring it to you. You must keep watching and experiencing the satisfaction that I am, expecting Me to do the greatest of things. Most importantly, keep listening and learning the things I show you. Just wait…that’s all!

Don’t be anxious and don’t worry. Don’t look at the things others have received, or that I have given them. You just keep looking at Me, or you’ll miss what I am teaching you. Then, when you are ready, I’ll give you a love far more wonderful than any you will ever dream about.

Most of all, I want you to see in his flesh, a picture of your relationship with Me and enjoy the everlasting union of beauty, perfection, and love that I offer you. “Believe it and be satisfied”

My daughter, until you are ready-I am working even this moment to have you both ready at the same time. Until you are both satisfied and content with me and the life I have prepared for you; you won’t be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me, thus, perfect Love.

Loving You Perfectly,
God”


No comments: