Saturday, March 14, 2009

From My Heart...



And Then You Move

There have been days when the pain is too hard to bear,
When silence & sadness follows me everywhere
But that’s not because You haven’t called
I’ve looked to everyone but the Greatest of All

And then You move,
And show me You’re there,
Your grace & Your love,
Takes on my pain to bear.
You never have left,
You always are near,
It’s in my own strength,
these problems I try to bear.

And then You move,
And tell me so soft,
These problems of mine,
Jesus paid on the cross.
You gave us Your Son,
Who took all our sin,
He gave His own life,
In You true life begins.

Some days in this life,
the battle looks lost,
But then in that moment,
You show me the cross.

And Then You move,
And my heart grows still.
I feel Your sweet touch,
And see Your perfect will
That You have ordained,
And predestined our lives,
And it’s with Your mercy & love,
These days we’ll survive.

And then You move,
And show me this life,
To walk here in love,
And never in strife.
For when that day comes,
And You take us all home,
You’ll still be the One,
Sitting on the Throne.

And then my heart moves,
And my voice to You sing,
Abba Father,
You are the King of all Kings.
You have placed us here,
Only for a season,
To proclaim here on earth,
That You are the reason,
To live life in joy,
& trade in this sorrow,
And stay in Your Word,
And prepared for tomorrow.
So if I seem weary,
And the days seem so long,
It’s to You I’ll draw near,
And in You become strong.


Written by: Kristi Cole
December 3, 2008
I was having a day filled with much sorrow and heartache over the pain my brother and his wife were/are feeling over the loss of their son at 15 months old. It was a pain so intense that all I could do was cry. As those abundance of tears fell and my heart began to cry out to God, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I broke out my journal, and started to write. (And Then You Move). As I wrote, God pulled on my heart & told me, He was moving. He was/is working. He told me to trust in Him. Stay in His Word. Draw near to Him. Look for Him. He is with me every day. What an incredibly sensitive, caring, loving, nurturing, forgiving, patient God we serve. I am humbled & so thankful to be a child of His!

Thank You Lord that even though I may not understand some things in life, You are always in control! May we find hope in Your word and may our soul's be restored...may this fire refine us to become more and more like You. Thank You for the words of this song...

In Your Son's Name We Pray,

Amen.

No comments: