Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Baby...




I found this picture today and it took me back to that very day. It was his baby dedication at church, followed by a lunch out with Nana and Papa to Chedders. He had just turned one and was as charming as any little guy could be. His joy contagious.....His smile infectious....His heart inspiring.


I can recall so many special moments from those days. We'd spend hours on the floor playing or sitting together reading books, or curled up o the couch napping. It truly was a precious time and I can see now the reason people kept telling me to enjoy these moments....because for me, they went by too fast.


I'm sure none of this matters to most of you...but he is a special little guy to me and I just wanted to tell him how much mommy loves him and how precious he is! He's been such a trooper over the past two years as I was pregnant with the twins, in and out of the hospitals in Tyler and Dallas. He didn't understand why mommy just couldn't play on the floor or why when he went to bed some days, I was gone when he woke up, back in the hospital. Then when the girls came home, the adjustment was difficult. For months it seemed, Mommy was gone, and then when she does come home the first time, she brings one baby, then she leaves again and he wakes up to another baby. I'll never forget the look on his face as he walked out of his room into the living room and saw the girls laying on the floor. He cried "Noooooooo" and refused to look at them. Slowly, he's realized that they have grown into his friends, his sisters, his partners in crime.


People always say he won't remember those days....and maybe he won't, but I just want to record for him what I felt in my heart for him and what I continue to feel. I know it wasn't easy to have to share mommy with one sibling, let alone two. "Our Time" changed from him and I, to the four of us and I know that was hard for you to grasp buddy. I tried my best to still find time to spend with you, but I know I fell short many days, tired from the consistent needs your sisters had.


Buddy, for all the times I wasn't the mommy I should have been and for all the days ahead that I know I will fall short again....never forget in your heart how much love I have for you. You were my first born child...and I can remember the moment they placed you into my arms. A bond formed at that second and it will endure til my last breath, and beyond. You are so outgoing, welcoming strangers into every activity we do. You form friendships fast because your heart is tender to those around you. You've learned to protect your sisters when they wonder off into dangerous territory or into something that you know hurt you before. You make sure that we all know how much you love us on a daily basis. You are just precious to me and I love you more than words can say.


I'll Love You Forever!


Mommy
P.S. Here are a "few" of my favorite pictures.. I'd post more of them, but it's almost midnight..I love you Kory...love you so much!!























No comments: