Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thank You For Loving Me

It was an amazing night for me...one that I will never forget! I love the people of Tyler. Those I have come to know and love through fellowship has been amazing. There are a few people, however, that were (and remain) a vital part of our survival as a family over the past four years. Tonight, my dear friend Peggy got together some of the "Key Players" in my life for a dinner out.

These ladies to me are God's life savors that He sent in just the perfect moment for the perfect reason. Willing vessels that He used to draw me ever closer to the One who had carried each of them in their own valley. Ladies that took time out of their own lives and time away from their families to invest in a girl who was in desperate need of a spiritual makeover. Now, I want to do each of them justice, for each of them are unique in the way in which God used them (and continues to use them) during this crazy journey here in Tyler. These ladies mean so much to me that I could hardly do justice in words to describe how much I love and appreciate each of them.

Over the next few weeks, I pray to share with you about each of these friendships ~ their importance to me ~ what they taught me ~ and how our Great and Mighty God "planted" each person in my life at just the right time for just the right reason. Now, as my time here in Tyler swiftly approaches its end, and I step back and look at the years....I am taken to my knees, to the feet of the One who blessed me with these friends, and praise Him for all that He has done in my life through them. It's a beautifully orchestrated song...that when looked at note by note, you see their individuality, their spiritual gift~ but when you step back and you see where I was four years ago and where I am now and the course in which God is taking me...you'll hear the most beautiful symphony and you'll see the delicate hands of these ladies who have shaped my life forever. You'll see these hearts of love and compassion that LITERALLY carried me through so many deep valley's. You'll see wisdom in God's word and how they gently held my hand as I slowly began to see His grace and mercy in my life. Most of you maybe know part of my testimony...but these ladies know it all. The good, the bad, and the ugly....and have loved me just the same. Truly loved me!! That is such a humbling feeling and I hardly feel worthy of it, but tonight, I will praise God for each of them and lift them up in prayers that will never cease.

Debe, Mary, Peggy, Ruby, Lillian, Erin, and Barbara (who wasn't able to come...but thankfully I'll see her tomorrow) I love you. You each have inspired me in my walk with God. When the Holy Spirit prompted you to call or write or come and visit...you did. You each have a servants heart and a love for our King that I can draw wisdom and strength from. Your hand print will forever be etched into my heart and has become a vital part of who God is lovingly and patiently growing me into. I know our friendships are not the kind to fade away, but relationships that will grow through the years and I am excited about that. I'm just gonna miss the hugs and the laughter that we always seem to find. You are a beautiful group of ladies that I feel honored to call my friends! May God bless each of you exceedingly and abundantly!! You are the best!

In His Grip!! :0)

No comments: