Monday, August 10, 2009

Do I Really Have A Voice?

A very, very, (did I say, very??) good friend of mine in Tyler gave me a book not long before we made our way to where we now call home. Peggy dropped off a book that has changed my view, or rather my voice, about politics. "The 5,000 Year Leap" Principles of Freedom 101.

For so long, I would shy away from political conversations because I just couldn't stand the debate. What would my one small voice change? How many of us think that same thing?

As I continue to read this ever so enlightening book about the Principles on which our Founding Fathers established our country and government, I can see how the line from what they established and where we stand today has widen over the years. There are those who have twisted those principles and turned them around to fit their selfish and sinful ways.

In today's government, there is no acknowledgment of God, which is profoundly stated in the first principle. In fact, they are truly trying to remove God from everything!! There is scarcely a politician in office who lives with integrity, moral conviction, or virtue. And the third principle is what the Role of Religion did (and should still) play in the structure of our government and the choices in which they make for us (and in their private lives, Democrats, Republicans, or Independents!!!!) ....

There are many more principles that these diverse men of different economical and social backgrounds managed to come together and agree on the basic principles on which we were founded.

What happened to men like that? Where did those men go? Where did we ever start believing that those who held office on a local, or national, level have to be bred into it? They don't!!!

We all have a voice. Our voices singularly may seem to us individually, small. But, as each voice speaks, we will be heard. (Kind of like Horton Hears a Who...."WE ARE HERE! WE ARE HERE! WE ARE HERE!) .... sorry, but that is just what comes to mind. Take a stand while we still have a chance to take one.

And Peggy, thank you for planting that seed in my heart! I think of you every time I get outraged at the corruption in our world, knowing that we share so many of the same points of view. And at times, I wonder when I watch Hannity or Beck if you are watching too... :o) I miss you sweet friend!! Thanks for showing me that I had a voice!!

In His Grip!
Kristi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying it. Share it with someone when you're finished with it. I thought about you today as I watched the 35 year old stay at home mom speak to Sen. Arlen Spector. She's going to be on Hannity tonight. It brought tears to my eyes. You could tell she had probably read the 5000 Year Leap.

Glad to hear Ashley is doing better. Hope everyone stays healthy.

Love,

Peggy