Sunday, December 27, 2009

And It Was....

It was a good Christmas! I can't say "great" because, well, the obvious. Daren and I are still not together.

I found myself flipping through last year (2008) Christmas pictures. We stayed home in Tyler as a family. It was wonderful. It was a Christmas I will always cherish!! In 2007, the girls were 4 months old and Megan was admitted Christmas day to the hospital for RSV. So, that was a difficult Christmas.

I don't understand what's going on to be perfectly honest. Idon't know why Daren chose to stay with his mom, her sister, and his cousins, over being with the kids and I at my parents home. I want to understand, but I don't.

Today was no different when I dropped the kids off.

They had been playing in the snow earlier in the day and their coats and shoes were really wet from that. So, I put dry clothes and socks on them and loaded them up to take them to Daren for his four days. I got Ashley out of the car first and made the long trek up to the door and rang the door bell. His Aunt Paula answered the door, realized who it was, then shut it in my face. Classy. If it had just been me, I would think I could understand (or at least tolerate it a little better), but I was holding a child...a two year old none the less.

This all goes in line with my concern towards what they are exposed to as far as attitudes and words spoken in ill will against me when there. It hurts. It's painful to hear your children repeat words that they have heard about you.

I've done all that I can do. I am just heart broken over this.... But, I know that God is my strength. He is the person that will heal this broken heart and restore my soul.

Until then, four days "on", four days "off"...but I don't ever consider time away from them as "off" ~ because they are in my heart 24/7 and on my mind. Not a second goes by that my arms don't long for them to be with me. When they're gone....a part of me is gone with them.

1 comment:

Shelley Dillard-Hamm said...

Kristi, I just ache for you. I cannot believe that grown ups would act that way period, much less in front of young and impressionable children. I don't know why they cannot act civially toward the mother of their grandkids/nieces/nephew. That is just so not how God would want them to act. And I seriously do not understand why they are so negative toward you.

I pray that Daren will come to his senses and remember that he is married to you and he should leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife. Should he be disrespectful toward them? No, but he should let them know in a godly manner that you are his wife and you are the mother of his children and that he is going to commit himself to getting back on the right track with you.

I pray that 2010 will be a better year for you Kristi and for your family. I pray that God will work miracles in your marriage and open up eyes to all involved in this situation. God Bless you girl, know I love you.
Shelley