Saturday, March 6, 2010

That's What Faith Can Do

Music. Music is more than instruments and voices filling up an empty room.

Music is lyrics...words from the heart and soul...songs of lament or songs of praise.

Music can bring healing to a hurting aching heart.

Music can give you words to praise how faithful God is when you reach the peak of a mountain that you've traveled on for such a long time.

Music can give you stamina to keep placing one foot in front of the other when you want to crumble and give up.

But, with that said, It's music that is based on the inerrant infallible Word of God that will keep you "keeping on".Based on Truth. I love music. I love all kinds of music...but I find that the music which I stay grounded in, my "Christian" music, is what fills my heart, mind, and spirit with that which is true about this life. The music that God gives so many amazing artist who soulfully and spiritually seek God out for their music to touch lives....those are the ones I love. Matthew West, Matt Redman, Kutless, Rush of Fools, Third Day....the list goes on...

This morning, I realized just how thankful I am for this life. God revealed something very personal and passionate to me this week about the Body of Christ and their love. How being involved in and fellowship with other believers is so vitally important in our walk with Him. Accountability, support, unconditional love, trust, faithfulness, integrity, loyalty in good times and in bad. They aren't perfect Christians...none of them claim to be. They each have their own story of their journey in Christ. But I love each and every one of them. I've never felt such an embrace from the Body of Christ as I did this week. And most important...they have a true unending passion for serving God in this community and around the world. Their love is endless and they are priceless!! True treasures and blessings!

I've had an exceptionally difficult two weeks just in my own heart...and there is a song that came on Thursday morning that I have now played over and over and over again. It reminds you of what faith in God can do. How when you place your faith in Him, the possibilities are endless.


He is the one true God and I dare not walk another step in this life that doesn't focus on Him and His faith. I am humbled that He stands by me...that He cares so much to bring people and music into my life that truly change my direction...carry me...and are so humble in all things.

To my Life Group at Antioch Church here in Norman...and to Chris and Julie Bennett (our pastor & his wife)...I want to thank you. I can't find the exact words to pen the emotion and love that you have helped me find again in Him!!! Thank you!!

So, with that being said...here is a song by Kutless ~ That's What Faith Can Do...



Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think it’s more than you can take
But you are stronger, stronger than you know
Don’t you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do

It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
Impossible is not a word
It’s just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody’s scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It’ll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do

Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
(That’s what faith can do)
When the world says you can’t
It’ll tell you that you can!

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn’t ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I’ve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That’s what faith can do
That's what faith can do!
Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise

In His Grip!

No comments: