Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Whole Armor of God....

Recently, the Scripture that I am about to share from Ephesians 6, has been my anthem of protection from the world and its ways. I've been made so aware of the Spiritual warfare that is going on. It's almost palpable as Daren and I travel down this dark path. (please note: I'm not directing this at Daren nor am I making ANY implications that he has anything to do with what I am writing about)

This journey over the past 11 months since he lost his job due to the economy has opened the door for satan to come in and try to destroy that in which God created, reunited, and transformed. Looking back, I am disappointed in myself for my lack of putting on the whole armor of God during this battle which resulted in small areas for the devil to come in and start his path of destruction. Slowly pulling me away from the truth of God's word and eating away at my faith and hope.

Today, I declare, in the Name of Jesus, that I will daily place this armor on. That I will fight the good fight and will walk in the faith and grace that God has so mercifully given me to obtain. I know I must have grieved His heart as He watched me allow the dark thoughts to creep into my mind and heart and influence my direction and attitude.

Paul, in Ephesians 6:10-20, writes this:

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.


So I ask for your prayers that I may walk in the armor of God and that a hedge of protection be placed around the hearts and minds of Daren and our children. That any and all outside evil be rebuked so that God's perfect will shall be carried out and seen to its fullness and goodness.

In His Grip~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Just wanted you to know how much I like the " new wardrobe". Keep on digging into the Word and styling in those clothes and you and your babies are going to be fine.
Love you- debe :0)