Monday, March 15, 2010

On A Lighter Note.....

Hello sweet friends and those of you who have "stumbled" upon the ramblings of our family life.

I realize that many of my recent post have been heavy hearted and deep. I realize that there are a lot of great things that also happen during our day and am going to try and share more of them on this blog and limit the trials.

This one is precious!

Last Wednesday night, the kids and I loaded up and headed to our Life Group. (Life Group is about 15 families that meet on Wednesday nights from our church here in Norman ~ Antioch Church) This group is awesome and the way that you go as a family is amazing. We start out with everyone, adults and kids, all gathered in the living room of Angie and Jade's home. We all listen to a story that is geared towards the understanding for the kids, though I've learned some great things through the simplicity of these basic fundamental stories of God and His faithful character.

After story time, we have praise and worship time with the kids as well. All the songs have hand/body movements that go along with them. Ashley was ALL into it!! Bouncing around and trying her best to keep up with the motions of the kids who were a bit older. Then, they ask the kids if any of them want to close our family time in prayer. (this is where my eyes fill with tears of joy) Kory raised his hand with such enthusiasm and said "I do! I do!". He walked into the middle of the circle, folded his hands bowed his head and prayed for his friends, family, and food. Ashely was right behind him doing the same thing. (Megan was a little clingy that night and stayed glued to me....but I know her bubbly personality will shine through as soon as she fills comfortable) Mind you, there were about 15 kids and a ton of parents. I was, and still am, so proud of his willingness to get up in front of all those people and pray a prayer that truly came from his heart!

Some times I wonder if when we pray at lunch and dinner if I've done a good job in teaching them what prayer is. Well, I really believe that they are starting to comprehend God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.


Recently we've started to turn the TV off and listen to music while we play. They love it when we jump around and dance to the music. It's those seemingly small things that we can take for granted that really embed in their souls.

I'm so proud to have them as my babies. I'm humbled that God believes in me that I can handle raising these three kids. He walks with me every day....and when I grow weary...I can jump in His arms and He gives me the inspiration and energy to carry through the rest of the day!!


I love you Lord! Thank you for the Holy Spirit that dwells within the heart of my children!


Monkey loves working her way into any container, box, or tote...

Little "M" enjoyed rolling Monkey around the yard.....
Little "M" tried it...but gave up....she is so funny!
Special snack time on the porch! Giggles and giggles!! I love it!!
Adorning her new "mask" and using her "super powers" that at times.... need to be controled! :0)
My little man protecting his race track from "Batman"
Ah! Finally playing together....LOUDLY ON THE KEYBOARD!! (special thank you to Casey and Danielle Bookout for their generous gift of music!!) Love you guys! :0)
My little man doing what he does best.... playing with his trains!!
And Mommy....still trying to smile...my babies are such joy in my life...even though they've given me wrinkes and gray hair!!! lol! :0)
Would you EVER believe they are twins??????? I still wonder at times..... night and day... oil and water.... but passionate about life!!
So.....our life might be crazy...parts of it might not make sense....but I love it...and I love them....and I'm thankful for all that they bring in my life!!!! To my Life Group who has embraced us and supported us....my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all that you have done and continue to do. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

In His Eternal Grip ~

1 comment:

Kathy said...

They are so precious Kristy! So sweet. And getting so big. Our prayers are with you and your family. So great to hear from you. Keep us updated.
Much love, K