Friday, March 20, 2009

Backyard Sleeding ~ Who Knew?

Okay, so I've always told myself that I would never expect my children to try or do something that I myself wasn't willing to do or try (within reason of course) and well, today was my first challenge.

This is Kory's Dump truck...a few weeks ago Daddy got the brilliant idea to put him in it and push him down the slope of our backyard into the leaves and pine needles (and poison ivy and poison oak and probably a lot of other "P" things). He LOVES to do this!!



So, after about 30 minutes of up and down the backyard hearing that precious giggle from sheer delight. He yells out "MOMMY!! Your turn!!!" Now the first and most obvious of "issues" that came to mind was, how am I ever going to get my rear into the back of that thing....and second was do I really, really, need to keep that promise to myself? Well, for the first time in a long time...I turned the voice of reason off and just yelled back "OKAY!!!"








I did it! I don't even care how silly it looks and even the fact that you can almost hear the poor axle on that thing as it attempts to carry me down the hill. Every moment of it was worth it and one that I'll never forget! After the heaviness of my heart this morning...God poured out three amazing rays of sunshine in my little one's that I am so truly, truly thankful for! We played outside all day and they had a ball! It's crazy how much they change in such a short time and even crazier how independent they've become. Oh just "Let Me Hold You Longer!" (Fiction by Karen Kingsbury). This is the moment. I have this right now and I am learning to be thankful in many ways for it and learning also to let go of that which doesn't matter. My kids need me...as I need them. And I can promise you they'll have a ton of memories to tell their kids about the crazy things grandma would do when they were growing up!

God, thank You that You love me so much that You lifted me out of where I was today. Even if for just a few hours. You filled my heart with a renewed strength and I am so blessed for that, and for all that You continue to do in my life. Thank You for these little treasures you have entrusted me to. May who they become in life bring glory and honor to Your Name. Protect them and guide them in all their ways. Show me where as a Mommy I can improve and Lord, help me to let go of the "I can't do this" attitude. Your strength is all I need and You have already given that to me ~ and now, I must move into that promise and walk out Your will. Lord, I love you. Thank You for loving me for all these years and for the patience you lent to me during my walk in the wilderness. Help me to have that same patience with my children as they explore and find out who they are in this life & help me to show them the error of "my way". Make me transparent before them and use it for Your good.

In Jesus Most Precious Name,
Amen!

Here are a "few" more pictures from our time outside today. May they bring a smile to your face and a joy to your heart.





1 comment:

Danger Haley said...

Hi Kristi,
I don't know if you remember but I met you at Major's funeral and you posted Dave and Darcy's address for me...I can't find it...could I get that again please? And how are you doing? I've been praying for all of you.