Thursday, March 19, 2009

Desperate Dependence

Desperate dependence upon God. That is where I find myself today. It's probably where I should be every day...but today, I am desperate for Him. I need God's presence and peace in my soul. It's just been a hard day. My heart is heavy...not only for some of my own battles, but for the battles I know others that I love find themselves in. God...we are desperately dependant upon You...please just show us something....big or small...we don't care...we just need to see YOU! Please don't allow our hearts to harden towards You, but have mercy on us. Take the anger and the questions that fill our minds and replace them with understanding and if not with that, just Your peace that surpasses all understanding. Abba Father!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Blessings each day said...

Wow! No wonder it took awhile to set up your blog...you did awesome stuff here!
Very often we are not patient with ourselves about accepting the fact that god did make us human and we have ups and downs and that's okay because He is always there.
And we need to remember to look for Him in all things as He and His Presence is all around us. One of my favorite Old Testament passages involves one of the prophets (too early, not enough sleep, can't remember if it was Isaiah) looking for God and He is not in the fire or the raging wind or thunder etc. etc., all the BIG places the prophet expects God to be, but finally, He is in the whisper of the passing wind. That is soooo beautiful.
Your family is adorable!
blessings to you,
marcy
p.s. I also enjoyed your music.