Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oh Ashley!


Sweet baby girl! Took her into the Dr. today because her breathing has been so labored. Hold on...let me back up. About a month ago she came down with RSV...again. This is her 4th time to have it, being hospitalized for 3 of them. They wanted to admit her that day, but with Daren out of town and having Kory and Megan with me, I didn't know how in the world I would handle three kids in a hospital room. So, after giving her some IV fluids and her saturation levels went back up.... we came home. 6 hours in the ER...three kids...one sick...on cutting four of his 3 year molars...and the other wanting to say hi to everyone there...it was crazy.


She had been on antibiotics and finished them. The fever went away but she still wasn't herself. She started taking two naps a day again, was really irritable (more so than normal), wanted to be held all the time, pale, & dark circles under her eyes. I also noticed that would sweat really bad anytime she played with brother or sister and that she would retract when she would take a breath. I had a "hunch"...you know...that "mother's intuition"...that something just wasn't right. Took her in this morning to see the Dr.....Asthma. (which premature infants are prone to due to the lack of lung maturity at birth. She had the hardest of the two at birth and had to have lots of help with her breathing for the first few weeks.)


At rest, her pulse ox was steady at 91% today, and only went up to 96% twice. I hadn't given her any breathing treatments this morning so I attributed it to that. So, we go back on Monday for more tests (blood and another x-ray)...until then, breathing treatments every four hours and deep clean the house to avoid things that might trigger her symptoms. Please keep her in your prayers. We will know more Monday and will post something then.She isn't "sick" but has just struggled so much the last few weeks. Not trying to over react....but this is my baby girl...well, one of them...& it makes me kind of nervous... though I put my trust in Him, God Almighty!



No comments: