Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This & That... A Little Catchin' Up!

Good morning!! Just wanted to jump on here "quickly" while the girls were wrangled in their highchairs to give an update on Ashley....
She had a really tough night last night. Was up three times. She was started on Prednisone yesterday and they said that within 6 hours we would see a marked improvement...it's been over 12 hours and haven't seen anything as of yet. Will call Dr. "B" and go back in later today. For those of you who know what it's like to take three kids into the pediatrician's office by yourself.....it's just total craziness. You defiantly are not playing man on man defense and zone defense doesn't even work at times. Praise God that our pediatrician has a staff that loves us like family! They are amazing. So, we'll load up here in a bit and head over that way.
About two months ago, my mom and I (Nana Joyce) were talking about how much easier it is this year than it was a year ago. (Referring to the multiple getting up season at night which left us to about 3 to 4 hours of sleep at night between feeding the girls) I'm not sure if God was/is trying to humble me by getting up again at least two to three times at night or not or if it the enemy that is on the attack...but it's defiantly feeling a lot like it was a year ago. I want to say I am thankful that it's just one of them and not all three of them...but how can I say I am thankful for something like that? Having a child that struggles so much to breath is not in any way something to be thankful for...I do, however, feel thankful that we have discovered this issue within the confines of our home while we are together. My mind keeps going back to my nephew when she really starts to have trouble and I think I hit panic mode. It takes a conscience effort to redirect my thoughts to the situation at hand and not get lost in what he went through.
On a lighter note....the azalea's here in Tyler are blooming. Tyler is known for their historic azalea trail. Downtown the cobble brick streets and old historic homes are adorned with these gorgeous flowers. Their colors are so bright and vibrant. We are fortunate to have a few of these gorgeous flowers in our yard and I have taken the liberty of taking a few shots to share with you. Mind you though, the pictures do no justice whatsoever to the beauty of these flowers in full bloom! The rain we've recently had has also turned everything in the back yard into various shades of gorgeous greens. It's a beautiful time and just thought I would share a few pictures of that with ya'll.
That's it for now from the home front. Thank you again for your prayers for Ash and for us as a family! It means more than you know!






<<<<<<<<<
This picture just cracks me up! When they get in trouble outside, they have to sit on the bottom step of the deck stairs...well, Kory spends a lot of time here, but never alone. Ashley will come sit with him to comfort him. They are two peas in a pod. People have asked why there are so many more pics of Meg than the other two...the truly only reason is that she moves slower than the other two and it's so much easier to capture a good shot of her! :0)
P.S. We are still lifting Stellan up in prayers. I have never met his family and only know of them through the JCrew blog and the Bring The Rain blog which you can link to through this blog. So, if by chance McMamma is reading this, we want to wrap our arms and prayers around your precious family!!!
P.S.S. I am working on Part II of the "Have a New Kid by Friday" blog...God is revealing some amazing things to me and I am so excited to share it with ya'll!

No comments: