Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Catch Up With The Cole Family....

Okay...so it's been a few days since I've sent an update. To say that we are busy, is an understatement and overstatement in every way. The understatement part: the task of organizing a garage sale with my three little "helpers", going through the house and packing things we won't need until we are in another home, stuff that we need to take to my mother-in-law's while we are in this period of transition, ordering boxes, reserving a moving truck (praying that the cost for the three days we have it, will be enough. None of our families are able to come from Oklahoma on the 18th or 19th to help load it...so, if anyone in the area feels the insane desire to load a moving truck, come along!! lol)

The not so busy part, is the job market. There just isn't anything out there that Daren has found as of yet. It seems to have an impact on him more every day that goes without a "connection" or "lead". This is even more difficult than the moving, for me (I know, it's not about me, but Daren. This affects me as well though) I have no control over the job market and what's out there for him. I can't do anything, but pray....and pray I do! People have suggested that he go into independent consulting, and while that is a great idea....it would cost money to start up a business....and that is money we don't have right now. Besides, insurance for a family of 5 would be more than we could afford on our own.

Last weekend was great! My best friend came down from Oklahoma (Melissa). It was good to have a break in the routine we find our life in right now. We made the ultimate mistake as parents....we took our kids to Chuckie Cheese (or however you spell it) at 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon. I can't believe the number of people that were there!! Ashley wanted to run around on her own free will, so one of us was chasing her from flashy light to flashy light. Megan was content to be held, but wanted to be carried to those things that "caught" her eye...and when she starts to lean while you are holding her....you better have strong arms and back. Kory was a little overwhelmed I think...he didn't want to play any of the games or ride anything...he just wanted to put coins in the machine and move on to the next one. We left about 2 hours later and I think that all three adults are having some sort of mental repercussions from it! (I'll try to post pictures later so you can "see" the insanity!!!)

Well, I hope to get some more info posted later today, tonight, or tomorrow....so for now, I had best go! Love to everyone who has kept us in your prayers....They mean the world to us!!!

In His Grip!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thank you for your kind words about the house Kristy! Exciting times.

Continuing in prayer for you all.

Great to hear from you.