Friday, April 24, 2009

That Friend....

Ya know that friend....the one that knows everything about you...the one who can take your nasty mood swings and cry with you...the one who keeps standing by you year after year after year? Ah!!!! My "Bestest" Friend is almost here from Oklahoma!!! I am excited to say the least. The last few days have been really, really difficult for me & I can't seem to get myself out of the sadness that weighs my heart down right now...She has a way of gently (and not so gently at times when I REALLY need it) helping me get back to thinking more positive...seeing that the glass is half full and not half empty....getting out of the "funk" that we all can slip into from time to time. She's tolerated me for 18 years. She's gone out of her way so many times to "help" me SEE that choices I was making were wrong. She's never been afraid to tell me how it is...She's just the best. She was there for every tear and every triumph...every loss and every victory. When you have a friend who has stood by you for 18 years, never once turning her back on you... well, you know she's someone special!!!




That's her...That's Melissa, Missy, and when Kory couldn't pronounce his "M's"... she was "Pissy".....she is the best!!! She loves my kids like they are her own... as I do Gabbi, her daughter. Her parents in St. Louis...they treat me like I'm one of their daughters...and her sisters, Jackie & Stephanie...they can make me laugh til my sides hurt. Friends....the best!!

No comments: